A Dip, Hopes for Essiac Tea and Reiki, Current Diet, More Supplements, Sense of Humor is On Vacation

 
My sweet daughter comforting me on a rough day.
 
Wednesday of last week was rough (photos), but since my daughter helped me work out a schedule of OTC pain relievers, the pain in my spine has been very manageable with ibuprofen and Tylenol since last Thursday. Until last night. Taking 2 tablets every 3 hours went well Thu-Sun, so Monday I stretched it to every 4 hours, worried about my kidneys and liver with so many pain relievers. Yesterday, Tuesday, I lowered the dosage even more by taking only 1 tablet every 4 hours. I was fine until the evening when it either caught up with me or I'm taking a dip. Not crazy about the dips, they're a little scary. And I never come quite back up to where I was pre-dip. I've generally been sleeping well, but not last night. Not due to pain, necessarily, although getting comfy was a little tricky, but just couldn't fall asleep. Slept from 3:00-4:00am, then 6:30-7:30am, then 8:30-9:30am.
 
Today I'm back to 2 tablets every 3 hours. I think there's an improvement this afternoon. Next time I won't get so cocky, but I do worry about my kidneys with ibuprofen, and liver (which is already compromised by bad cells) with the Tylenol. Started thinking about trying a lidocaine patch soon, but looked up the side effects and I'm wary. Have any of you tried them? Side effects for you? At some point the side effects may be worth it. Sonny boy reminds me there are CBD products for pain without the side effects. He's looking into recommendations for me, but I welcome yours, too.
 
I'm hopeful for the Essiac tea I'm now taking 5 times per day, and my first Reiki appointment this weekend. Got some more anti-cancer supplements in the mail today (per that Richard guy who came over to share what he did) and started taking them today. So many pills, so much burping. 
 
As for food, I'm not eating my salads, they've become repulsive to me. I'm having bell peppers with hummus, oatmeal with berries, and occasionally celery with peanut butter. All organic when possible. This, along with my juices, and smoothies made with the juice, greens, berries, walnuts, etc. are my diet and it's good for now. 
 
Today I had the feeling of dread I had when I was pregnant and about to give birth, knowing there's a very unpleasant task ahead of me that I don't want to go through, but there's no realistic way around it. I'm going to need something to start working soon, because I don't want to have to go through what seems to be looming ahead. We haven't given up but I did give more thought to my own funeral during the night during all those awake hours.
 
We have a friend who works at the post office. She saw two packages for me and put smiley faces on them. 🙂
 
In more optimistic news, I'm still flossing. Looking forward to having a sense of humor again someday soon.
 
Calm, loving daughter helping me through.
(A few of the 1,000 cranes in the background.)
 
Holding up my head while spitting after brushing.
 
Today, pills went from this many . . .

. . . to this many.
This doesn't include the 6 I take first thing in the morning or the 9 I take with food twice daily. *urp*

Smiley face on our package by our friend who works at the post office.
 

Comments

  1. Dearest Laurel, you're doing an amazing job keeping us updated. My heart goes out to you. So grateful you have such a loving family surrounding you. I will keep you all in my prayers. -Antigone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Antigone, and I'm so grateful, too. I appreciate every prayer and good thought.

      Delete
  2. I hear you about the supplements. You can open the capsules and put them in your smoothies to have fewer to swallow if that helps. Taking others with the thicker smoothie makes them easier to swallow. You probably already know all this. Glad you're still flossing! Thank you for being so transparent and sharing all your updates. Many are praying. And all those new ideas from others just means it's a big fire and big fires require all engines on the job. You should already have the phone number for my organic medical cannabis farmer friend. And I do have a friend that relied on lidocaine patches after a neck injury. I'll ask her about side effects and let you know. Holding your arms up to win the war as they did for Moses. 🙏

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment