Third Good Day? New Snacks, Reiki in a Week

Me, writing this post to you. My days are spent here, or on the bed. I don't last here as long as bed, comfort wise.
 
 
Expecting a third consecutive good day today. This week I have graduated to taking OTC pain relievers all day, every three hours. I wake up in the morning, take two ibuprofens, set a timer for three hours, take two Extra Strength Tylenols and repeat. At bedtime I take my last dose totaling 6 tablets of each kind for the day. My nurse daughter helped me work out the schedule. I still need to be very careful with my movements and be in a resting position most of the time, either sitting back on the couch (I have a lumbar support hubby let me steal from his desk chair), or propped up on my bed. This, interspersed with a couple of sessions with the new, long, gel ice pack which has already paid for itself. Tears were plentiful on Wednesday, but minimal on Thursday and Friday with the new pain reliever schedule. Expecting the same today, Saturday. 
 
I noticed I've been a little sleepy during the day lately. I've decided it's because the enzymes I'm taking are breaking down the protein coating around the bad cells and the immune cells can finally recognize them as the naughtiness they are and are working hard doing their job. I don't dare let myself nap, though. Even a 10-minute nap will throw off my night by hours and I don't want to be awake for hours not being allowed to take more pain relievers when needed. No worries, I won't need them much longer. ;)

With my liver numbers off the charts, I wondered if I should cut down on Fenbendazole. My Relief Society president came to visit. She said her dad's liver was just about shot until she gave him some blue-green algae stuff to drink. His numbers dropped, as did his doctor's jaw. I'm going to try the stuff for a week without dropping my Fenben dosage and get rechecked to see what happens.
 
Yesterday morning I had a doctor's appointment with the oncologist, didn't know what it was about specifically. She said it was to talk about my scan results. We already know about that--it's old news. Old news because we picked up a copy of the scan to take home and look at, and we read the description on my online medical record. It wasn't a fruitless visit, though. Michael asked her for a form to get a handicap placard. She signed it and hubby sent it off to the DMV. I want one because I now get a little nervous if I have to walk too far. My legs are fine, but my back poops out too quickly then starts hurting. Our twice-daily half-mile walks have become a once-daily quarter-mile walk. Yesterday I was breathing hard on the walk. Oy.
 
Hating my salads lately and avoiding them. I thought a different salad dressing might help so I made one with PB, coconut aminos (like soy sauce), apple cider vinegar (rice vinegar is too high in sugar) and lime juice. It was good, but not enough to have it a second time. So, I'm living on my red veggie juices, and smoothies made with the red juice. Breanne helped me to think of a couple of snacks I could have to mix things up. Yay. Celery with PB, and hummus with veggies. I do love hummus. 
 
I have been hearing good things about reiki, including from people I know. "Reiki is a healing technique based on the principle that the therapist can channel energy into the patient by means of touch, to activate the natural healing processes of the patient's body and restore physical and emotional well-being." Sounds similar to qigong (chigong). Someone recommended a gal she uses who does it remotely. Doesn't seem like remotely would work since I thought their hands needed to be near my body. I guess not. I have my first appointment in a week. I'll report!
 
"Ants on a log" snack, with 99% cacao chocolate (avoiding sugar and dairy). In others words, it's baking chocolate! Not really recommended, even for desperate people. Although I did pop another small piece in my mouth later just to enjoy the melting of it.
 
Waiting for my turn for a blood draw.

 

Comments

  1. I'm happy knowing you're having a little dark chocolate! 😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment