Private Harp Concert, Sister Visit, Pain Relievers, Stairs, Green Curry

Three sisters visiting, hooray!

Moderately easy read -

 

Hello my friends, I know it's been a while. Just not comfy enough for much typing.

 

Last Sunday our friend Dan Bolton played the harp for us over Zoom. He is a renaissance man and this is something he has recently learned to do. We loved it.

 

Tuesday and Wednesday were wonderful with the visit of three of my sisters! They came from Washington, Texas, and Southern California. I lasted two hours the first day and three the second. I was surprised that I started crying when they first walked in. I shed a few tears during the visit but there was an abundance of laughter to balance that right out. We have a sisters and hubbies reunion in September, but who can be sure of what might happen between now and then. Another sister visited in April, and the last sister will visit in July after she and her husband return from their mission in New Zealand. I do have one more sister, but she's in heaven so I'll see her in 25-30 years when it's my turn to "graduate."

 

This week it became time to step up the pain relievers. So, now, in addition to the 12-hour NSAID I take twice daily, I've added a 7-day patch. My daughter applied it to my shoulder Wednesday evening. It takes 4-5 days to accumulate to full strength. It comes in three strengths, I'm starting with the lowest. My personality is returning--yay. On day seven my palliative pharmacist will check in with me to see how I'm tolerating it. The patch is Buprenorphine which is an opioid. Some of you will have strong feelings about that which I understand, but this is how it has to be.

 

The growing pain is causing many more tears. Not necessarily due to the pain itself, because that's mostly well-enough under control. But because of the mental anguish it somehow causes. Or as my friend said, "because of what the pain means." Sometimes I really want to sob about it but that bothers my doggone back, so I just let the tears fall quietly. Michael is always there.

 

My legs were getting ridiculously wobbly, so I've added stairs to most of our short walks. Monday I went up six stairs and back down, very carefully. There were hand rails on both sides, and hubby stood at the bottom, ready to catch me. Today I went up and down six stairs four times so I'm up to 24 total. Can I help it if I'm an athlete?

 

I have found two dips at Whole Foods for veggies besides hummus, both are cashew based. When you use cashews to make something creamy, you soak them then put them in the blender. I've done that in the past for making a vegan potato soup creamy, and for stuffed pasta shells. Both were delish. Anyway, one is a queso dip, the other is an herby dip. Both are good!

 

Lots of pinching sensations in my arm pit the last day or two which means tumor growth. My breast lump and the lumps under my arm have become quite a handful when I feel them. It is my fervent hope that if this is my time, my organs give out and take me to the next stage of life before the tumors break the skin or before my spine decides it doesn't want to be a spine anymore. Ugh.

 

Breanne really wants to make the recliner work for me. The T-shaped foam wasn't working. She tried something else, but it just wasn't working for me, darn it. Lying on the couch or in bed works best.

 

After last week's yellow curry heaven, I decided to have green curry (mild, of course) with tofu this week. Heaven again. And a slightly better choice since the green has eggplant instead of potatoes. Love the potatoes but the carbs which become sugars aren't the ideal option.

 

Today is my second in-person reiki appointment. I'll try to decide whether to stay with the in-person or online gal. The online gal is more available appointment-wise, but in-person must be better, right?










Comments

  1. So glad the pain medication is letting you find yourself again! And it's nice you could get a lot of family together when you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, that was from Carole!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment