Facebook Announcement

 


Sooo, this is happening. This week I received a serious diagnosis. I have breast cancer. Metastatic (meaning it has spread), Stage 4, triple-negative. This was a big fat surprise. There aren't a lot of treatment options for the triple-negative kind. I am up to date on my mammograms. So why did I go to the doctor in the first place? Two tender lumps (one was a lymph node) discovered in the shower which were then biopsied. How can something be so wrong, when I feel great?

Tuesday I'll have a PET scan to see the extend of the spread. Hopefully with the way I've been eating, the spread has been slow and is small. Then I'll meet with the surgeon where he'll share his plan, and I'll share my ideas. I'm looking around for non-traditional ways of treating this, because the traditional Western medicine ways look horrible to me

If you know of anyone who has found a way to kick or manage cancer by alternative means, I would like to talk to that person. Meanwhile, I'm doing a lot of research.

What I need from you is prayers and good thoughts. Or as my husband says, "We need to tell the Lord what His will is." Haha!

On the bright side, I'm suddenly not that worried about my cholesterol.

 

 

Comments