It Has Spread to Liver and Spine


UPDATE: More bad news, but let's start with an amusing story.

Three weeks ago I learned what NOT to say to your chiropractor. "I don't think we got all the cracks last time, and it's bothering me enough that I decided to come back." He's an outstanding chiropractor, but I think he didn't love hearing that and he really worked me over. Man, he did some BIG crunching all down by back! He's never made me yelp so loudly! It was scary, and awesome. Wow, I was reeling! Afterward, he invited me down to the other end of the hall to his gym for them to work on a certain area. The young man working on my back with a percussion gun said to me, "I thought Dr. Athens was done for the day, then I heard him adjusting you." I think what he meant was, I heard you yell across the building a couple of times. Haha! I said, "Yeah, that's what happened after I told him he didn't get all the cracks last time. Life lesson learned." Then he asked, "Did he get all the cracks THIS time?" "Yes, he sure did, and I think he got all of NEXT time's cracks, too."

That spot in my upper back has been bothering me since December. I thought maybe I was spending too much time sitting at the piano, or the fact that I was temporarily working at my desk in a chair without a back. It's becoming more constant. It's not pain, just a sensation, like there's a little tension in there.

Yesterday, after getting a body scan, I learned that my "C-word" has spread to the liver and spine, as this type (triple-negative) is wont to do. It was detected at the T4 and T12 vertebra. T4 is where my back has been talking to me. Sorry, Dr. Athens, it was me, not you.

I'm beginning to formulate a plan, with the help of Chris Beat Cancer whom some of you have mentioned (his name kept coming up, so I checked it out), and my sister Patty, supported by my husband. I feel hopeful. Looking forward to kicking this thing's butt (don't tell Mom I said that word).


Comments

  1. You are NINE YEARS younger than I am. This is not supposed to happen to you. Love you, Baby Sis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get it, Sis. I don't get it at all. Thanks for your love!

      Delete

Post a Comment