Thank You for Sharing My Burden

This morning while still in bed I decided to look up what it's like to have cancer in the spine (that, and the liver, is where it has spread to). This started my day off in a somber mood. Michael helped me to get past that somewhat--he's great at pep talks and talking me down from whatever it is. Then, later in the day I felt tears slowly coming on. I was sitting on the couch looking at the day's mail. Here they come. Somehow his Spidey sense was tingling and he knew to come sit with me with his arms around me. Yep, out they poured. We just sat together quietly for a while. I can tell I need a good sob to get it all out, but I didn't have time just then, I had an evening work meeting to get to. I try to identify the feelings that are causing the tears when they come, but often it's not clear. I suppose it's going to be a combination of reasons for the next little while, but I think today the bulk of the emotions were due to the outpouring of love and concern I've been feeling from everyone. It means so much more than you know. Thank you for helping to carry me through in your different ways, and sharing my burden.

Comments