Solid Food Alert! (2 giant salads)

 

We were happy to learn that we can have two giant salads a day besides the juicing--hooray! I jumped right into the juicing, knowing I'd learn the rest later (thanks to my friend, Michelle Booker Beutler for finding this info in the Beat Cancer Kitchen book). Everything in the salad and dressing fights cancer. Meanwhile, I lost 7 lbs in two weeks, since the dreaded phone call. Only five of the days were juicing, the rest was due to being afraid of what to put in my mouth. I read that every time you lift your fork, you are either feeding or fighting cancer. Eek. My clothes are fitting better, though!
 
Surely this is unrelated, but my hot flashes seem to have stopped--about 3 weeks before the 10-year anniversary of them starting (which was the week Breanne came home from her mission). I don't mind that at all.
 


 

Comments

  1. Bought some of these foods today. Thinking about upgrading my salads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hot flashes stopped when I cut my sugars and carbs in half. I learned that from a friend's husband who was getting hormone treatment for prostate cancer. He said he got hot flashes everytime he had fruit juice or desserts. Black cohash from Walgreens helped me too. 10 years of them? Wow hope yours are a thing of the past now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment