Whining About Peeling Garlic

It took me a good 45-60 minutes to peel six heads of garlic for my lemon-garlic elixir. If this really is the last year of my life, do I want to be spending this much time peeling garlic? No. So, my question to you chef-y cook-y people is, what is the fastest way YOU peel garlic? Please do not look up how-to videos online. I've tried them all and none of them work like they do in the videos. I want to know what actually works for YOU. 

I know what you're thinking. You want to tell me you can buy pre-chopped garlic. I know, I buy huge jars of that, but I don't think I can use those now. I would love to find jars of chopped garlic that are organic, have no additives and are unpasteurized.

- - - - -

People's answers started rolling in. A few mentioned a silicone tube, and someone actually gave me one she wasn't using. Thank you, Debbie Galeotti, we'll give it a try on our next batch.

"Edible silicone," eh? I think the translator meant "food-grade silicone." Haha!

Comments