Ward Fast Email

 

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Redwood City 1st Ward

Dear brothers and sisters,

I'm thankful for the opportunity to write to you today. I'm thankful for the Most High, our Heavenly Father and his Son, Jesus Christ. I'm thankful for their love and pray that you've felt their presence this week in ways that are familiar to you.

Ward Fast

Our wonderful and amazing Relief Society President, Sister Laurel Feddock, unfortunately received a diagnosis for breast cancer the past two weeks. Our hearts and prayers are with her and her family. Now, in love for her and as a testimony to Jesus Christ, we feel the need to "...comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in..." (Mosiah 18:9). We invite all who are able to fast as a ward family for Sister Laurel and her family this Saturday. We invite all to open your fast through prayer on Saturday and break your fast Sunday morning or when health permits. The expectation is that we will attend sacrament meeting with a spirit of fasting and of love as brothers and sisters.

Isaiah tells us of the blessings that come when we fast: “Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the Lord shall be thy rearward. Then shalt thou call, and the Lord shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am” (Isaiah 58:8–9).

It is my prayer that when we, as brothers and sisters in Christ, come together in fasting and in prayer and in faith, that God will provide. That His love and influence will be felt more intensely and more vividly than before. As we fast, I will be thinking of the Savior. I think of the dying words of Lehi to his children. I will think of Nephi's testimony in 2 Nephi 4:35 when says, "Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh. Yea, my God will give me, if I ask not amiss; therefore I will lift up my voice unto thee; yea, I will cry unto thee, my God, the rock of my righteousness. Behold, my voice shall forever ascend up unto thee, my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen."

Ofa Atu,

Bishop Makasini

Comments