A Positive Lumpectomy Removal Consult, Driving a Car is Almost Too Much Right Now

As a follow-up to the ultrasound showing growth of the tumor and lymph node, and the addition of new "friends," I had a consultation with the surgeon to talk about removing the lump before it breaks the skin. I didn't really want to go to the consultation but did, just to fact find. It turned out well. He checked me out and the findings are:
  • It's slow growing
  • There's about 1 cm of room to go (doesn't feel like that to me)
  • We can reassess if I notice signs of it getting close to the surface. Those signs would be redness and the skin feeling hard from stretching
  • So, we have time, don't need to do anything now. 
Excellent news.
 
I recently had to drive the car myself which I haven't done in a couple of months. I had to drive four days in a row, Tue-Fri, just around town. I found that steering uses the upper-back muscles more that I can handle very well right now. Also, I did too much on Wednesday so my back is still recovering from those two things today, Saturday. Even texting or typing (like right now) is taxing--holding my arms in front of me is hard work. Wow. Been resting like crazy. I plan to go to church tomorrow, but will probably not stay for the second hour. I don't think I could be comfy enough, even lying across multiple chairs, especially after sitting through the first hour. But I'm looking forward to hearing the choir sing--they do a great job. Hoping to be well enough by the Christmas choir season to elbow my way back to the piano bench. This will require shattering my prognosis, which I plan to do. It's just taking longer than expected. My prognosis doesn't have me seeing 2025, but that's just too bad.
 
With my back discomfort, and whatever else, I've been doing so much crying the last few days. The second half of today has been dry--yay. There couldn't be much left in the Tear Machine after the major sobbage yesterday. It was big. Almost as big as that day at the chiropractor a while back. 
 
In other news, if you've ever wondered what dandelion tea tastes like (I'm drinking it for my liver health), I've decided it's the flavor of lightly buttered asparagus. I knew it was something familiar, and I think that's it.
 
That's me in the photo, driving like an old lady.

 

Comments

  1. I love your purple car and the coordinating dice. You go girl! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Shattering my prognosis," what a marvellous phrase! Perfect for visualisation--sort of a glass ceiling that you're punching right through to reach the sunny sky! That's what I'm going to picture from now on.

    Hope church goes well today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to picture it from now on, too, to keep my believing alive. Church went well, inspiring talks, the choir did great. Breanne and Alex came to our church, then over for a visit for an hour+ until my back couldn't handle anymore. It was a nice day. Happy Mother's Day to you!

      Delete

Post a Comment