The Allegory of the Olive Tree, and the Little Leek That Could

 

Today the bod feels almost as good as yesterday but my spirits have drooped just a smidge. A few tears, nothing major.

This morning a friend came to pick up veggies to prep them for juicing. We visited for a while. At one point I was getting misty while expressing the weight of my uncertainty. She reminded me of what we studied last month in The Book of Mormon about the allegory of the olive tree. She pointed out that you can jump in almost anywhere in the story and it doesn't look good for the olive tree . . . until the end. It was a good reminder that just because I'm not seeing results yet, I may still see them. I appreciated her insights. 

I had a phone appointment with my doctor today. It was a follow-up to the ultrasound. They are worried the lump will eventually break the skin which could lead to infection, complications, etc. Their recommendation is to remove it. I don't want to jump right to that, if at all, and definitely not before my May 21 scan. What happens when the next tumor is going to break the surface? Do we just keep removing things that pop up like Whack-A-Mole? My first thought is to say no, but I don't want to be hasty. Let's take some time to think about this. I want all the information, all my options, so I will meet with the surgeon on May 9 and see what he has to say. Then I will put that topic aside until after May 21.

Today my Fenben dosage is up to two 666 mg doses, that's a big jump from the original 222 mg once daily. I'm happy to report my back is REALLY starting to bother me tonight. Bothering me in a different way than before. I'm happy because it could be the “Herxheimer reaction," which is uncomfortable symptoms due to the bad cells dying off. I think a dosage of 666 is appropriate for getting rid of the evil cells. ;)

I was making my next giant salad, and was inspired by the lowly leeks. They are pulled from the ground, no longer getting nutrients or water, and when we get them home from the store we chop the tops off to be smaller, then put them in the fridge where they have no more light. Then I pull them out a few days later to chop up, and what do I see? They're still at it. They're still trying. They haven't given up growing. Thank you for your example, little leek.

Comments