Scan Results Are Not Good, A Tiny Glimmer of Hope

Afterward, outside Kaiser in Santa Clara.
(I guess our Redwood City location doesn't have the machine?)
 
Had my scan today and got the results. The bad cells have spread, as I already knew from sensations (occasional feelings of pinching), discomfort and palpation, but now I know where they are. Besides breast, underarm, liver, T4 and T12 from the first scan in February, we've added T11, L1, (these are on either side of T12), the head and neck of the right femur, and left first rib (that's the top rib, under the collarbone).
 
A tiny glimmer of hope is found in the original lump. Although it is bigger than 3 months ago, the glucose uptake during the scan was slower. We are going to take that as a sign that things are starting to turn around. We'll just continue moving forward, doing what I'm already doing, giving the Fenbendazole and enzymes (that break down the protein covering over the bad cells so the immune system can recognize them) time to work, and researching. 
 
We will rebound and continue the journey.

Had to stop sitting up in the waiting room.

Juxtaposition of the relaxing beach and the not relaxing sign on the door.
 
Brought my favorite boy in with me while I got set up.
 
It's today! It's today!
 
Not wanting to shock my tummy after 94 days of the exact same foods, I only had sofritas (soy), veggies and beans. It was tasty, but not as thrilling as expected. I split my bowl with hubby.
 
 
After eating, looking over the results together online, and feeling sorry for ourselves, we went for a walk around the block.
 

T4, T11, T12, L1

 

Head and neck of femur

 
First rib
 

Comments

  1. If all it took was love and togetherness this thing would be in your past. Fortunately love and togetherness can still be an incredible support and research help as this unwanted journey continues for you. I'm still here too, on my knees. You're looking beautiful. God's got you either way.

    We have this little song... The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases. His mercies they never come to an end. They are new every morning. New every morning. Great is Your faithfulness, Oh God. Great is Your faithfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disappointing but not completely unexpected. But cancer is a long time in the making, and treating it with a natural (non-lethal!) method is slow and steady. Stick to the path, and we'll all keep praying and visualising health and strength for you--and all your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment