Daughter Visits, Church Experience, Cheeseburger Pillowcases


Last night, our daughter came over for a little while. She washed all those veggies I cut up, hooray!, then hubby juiced them all and poured it into bottles. I'm almost ready to start farming out the cutting/washing job to some of you. Then we snuggled on the couch for a while and laughed our heads off over the littlest things. 
 
Today, Sunday, I finally put makeup on. I'm like, "How do you do this again?" Analyzing it, I think the real reason I'm putting it on for church has nothing to do with vanity. It is because I feel like I will appear less pitiful and heartbreaking. I love my ward peeps, and I know they love me, so I don't want to make it more difficult for them to see me. I brought my walking sticks to church and wore lower heels than usual. If anyone were to ask about the sticks I was going to say I was training to do Half Dome at Yosemite. Nobody asked.
 
I brought a small pillow to church and barely made it through the first hour (sacrament meeting) without lying down. To clarify, I'm generally not weak, but just have low energy, there's a difference. Low energy probably due to being "busy" inside. I would have laid down if needed, don't worry. I was eyeing my daughter's lap just in case. 😉 I leaned on Michael most of the time. He was on my left. On my right were my daughter and her husband. They are often in town. She offered for the two of them to move off the bench if I needed to lie down. She's so at the table. Also, I haven't been singing the hymns the last few Sundays because I didn't have the energy. But I found myself trying to sing the closing song, which surprised me. My daughter noticed and brought her hymn book near me so I could have the words. (How could I not know all the words after 61 years of singing the same songs? Doy!) When I found where we were in the hymn and I started singing, the lyrics were, "Oh, know you not that angels are near you…?" I recognized, once again, that an angel (my daughter this time) was aware and helping me. We were both a little teary about it after the meeting.
 
I wish I'd brought a juice along. I had to go home after this meeting, not staying for Sunday school, because I was getting really hungry. I'm sorry I missed your lesson, Leslie Gross! Normally that's not a good reason to go home, but these aren't normal times. Obvi. The energy level was really plummeting, and I needed to get some food in my pie hole. I won't be unprepared again.
 
As we started driving away a sister in the ward came to my car window in tears about how she'll miss me when I'm in heaven. She was so distraught and practically saying her last goodbyes. I finally had to say, "Alo'i, I'm not going to die!" I feel about 75% sure that's true, but she wasn't hearing me. She'll get the idea when we keep seeing each other week after week. In her defense, she did lose a niece to breast cancer years ago so that's probably making it more worrisome. Sweetheart.
 
A funny friend at church gave me an envelope to open after we got home. It's a good thing we obeyed because I laughed so loud when we opened these cheeseburger and fries pillow cases, haha! These probably refer to my mention in a FB post of daydreaming of cheeseburgers and other delicious things, or maybe when I mentioned cheeseburgers in my health update to the Relief Society sisters a couple of weeks ago. This is the same gal who made our bacon pillow cases that we take on road trips.
Had a 2-hour nap after church, then Breanne and Alex Christensen came for a little visit. A nice day.
 
 



Comments

  1. It makes me happy to see "Angel" Breanne there to boost your spirits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and she does exactly that. She is working fewer hours now to spend more time here. Sometimes we'll just be quietly working on our computers side by side on the couch, finding comfort in each other's company. She's an angel for sure.

      Delete

Post a Comment