Day 1 of the 3-day Fast

 

Day 1 of our 3- to 5-day fast. 
 
Hubby and I started the fast about 24 hours ago. So far, so good. Just feels like the monthly fast we do for *religious reasons. I'm hungry, drinking mineral water, and dreaming about our fabulous salads that we're not eating today. I'm also thinking about damaged, inefficient cells dying off and being eliminated, and my immune system making a plan of action for when I start eating again. That's when the real magic happens.
And hey! I just realized, my spine hasn't ached for eight days! It gets tired, but hasn't ached. I'm cautiously excited about that. 
 
*Latter-day Saints believe that fasting combined with sincere prayer can provide spiritual strength, closeness to God and preparation to receive His blessings. We also donate the money we would have spent (and hopefully many times more) on two meals to the poor.

 

Comments

  1. I like the idea of combining the physical fasting and clearing out of the body with a spiritual component. The mind-body connection is so powerful, and to add the giving of meals to others who need it is an active exercise that extends the work for your body, mind, and spirit!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment