A Good Night, Walking Sticks, Let's Move Move Move!

I had a really good night. Second night of the melatonin. That plus two, flat, half-mile walks yesterday seemed to help my sleep. I used walking sticks for one of yesterday's walks, which I liked. (I also liked remembering they were my mother's walking sticks.) But for the second walk, after dark, I'd rather hold Michael's arm.

Still feeling good this morning, like last evening. After a smoothie of our usual homemade veggie juice, plus protein powder, blackberries, a whole lemon, banana, green apple, turmeric and black pepper (better than it sounds), I got up to cut the veggies for today's juicing. I got through the cutting better than in the recent past. Usually, it makes my upper spine burn/ache during and after doing things with my hands forward, away from my body. But it was fine this time. When I was done cutting, though, I headed to the couch. I'll wash the veggies later for Michael to juice them.
 
-Me: Announcing to the air on my way to the couch, "Couch break! I've been busy on the outside, now I'm going to get busy on the inside at the cellular level."
 
-Hubby: "That's exactly where you should be--rest, so your cells can get to work." Then he made a high-speed race car sound, which he excels at, then barked in a commanding tone, "Let's move move move! She could get up soon!" That was the general of my immune system-building crew mobilizing them to action while I was horizontal and reallocating resources to them. Go, little cells, go!




Comments