Today Started Weak, Visit from My Sister Sarah, Day Ended Feeling Good


Last night was my first night of taking melatonin ever. 10 mg per my complementary health oncologist, as it is being discovered that high doses of melatonin can slow or stop "C." I assumed I would have a great night. I didn't. That was surprising, but taking the melatonin out of the equation, I already don't sleep well if I don't get some exercise each day, even a little. And I didn't exercise much at all for three days during our extended fast. 
 
Today I woke up (hours too early), and had very low energy and was weak again, like yesterday (chiropractor/water works day). But not light-headed. Thankfully, that was gone. I was back sitting on the stool in the shower this morning. It got me thinking about borrowing a shower chair from the Medical Equipment Loan Program that is on the next block over. They loan out used medical equipment for free, and you return it whenever you're done. Then it hit us both. There were two purposes for the extended fast: to starve the "bad cells" (as my son calls them, we don't like saying the "C" word all the time), and to trigger the rebuilding of a new, stronger immune system. But the rebuilding doesn't start until you're back to eating again. In other words, I must be extra fatigued because there's a new, killer immune system being constructed! Right? And that takes a lot of energy! I know I'm the battery pack for the construction workers, so I've been resting even more, saving the energy for them to use. We liked that thought, and it made sense, so we're going with it.
 
At 12:30pm we were so happy to see my sister, her husband and their daughter for two hours. Sarah and Ron Pimentel are in town from Washington state visiting their daughter, my niece, so of course, we had to get together. Redd sisters have strong built-in magnets for each other. Two things we know about getting together with any Pimentels are that there's going to be a lot of laughing, and a lot of love. Both are good medicine! So grateful they were able to come by and spend some time with us. It was perfect. After they left I was happy and exhausted, even though I had been lying down the whole time.
 
I rested for an hour, then we did two errands. I brought my water and a little pillow, just in case. The second errand was the grocery store to get our next load of juicing groceries. We were super efficient and were able to get in and get out. Spending time at the grocery store is hard for me, all that verticalness with nowhere to rest except for the handle of the cart. It seemed like it was a slightly easier grocery run this time than it has been. Maybe 4.325% easier. We came home, hubby carried everything in, I went back to the couch to rest but felt really good!
 
I haven't really gone on a walk since before our fast, but we went out tonight, just two blocks out and two blocks back (.5 mile) and I felt good! On the way in the door I was asking myself, "What's wrong with me again? Oh yeah, I remember." But it slipped my mind for just a moment. I did use walking sticks for the first time, so that probably helped. But I'm feeling good tonight. More like my old self, energy-wise. I won't overdo it, though, and get all excited. I know ups and downs are still ahead. I'll just keep doing what needs doing and plan to slowly overtake the bad guys.
 
Note: Don't get me a shower chair, you over-achievers. I don't know if I want or need one. Seriously.
 
I know the two of us don't have the same skin tone, but I'm hoping my skin looks a little orange-y here, which would mean I'm probably getting enough carrot juice each day. (Any excess beta keratin is stored in the skin.)
 
Fab bro-in-law and niece. She works where I used to work at Pacific Skyline Council, Boy Scouts of America.
 

In the mirror.

My sister, Sarah, and me. We had to be touching the whole time.
 
They like to wave good-bye with white hankies, which we've picked up. So cute!
 
The afterglow. Can't help loving my Pimmies.

 

Comments