Feeling Pretty Athletic

 

Waking up this morning, upper back bothering me: "Did I play rugby yesterday? Oh, that's right, I opened an uncooperative jar of sauerkraut."
 
Feeling pretty athletic, though. Yesterday I took the sheets off the bed for hubby to wash. That's right, my people. Also, on our two half-mile walks, heavy breathing was kept to a minimum. Realizing that I'm sick of my legs feeling weak with all this lying around, I did some squats. My form wasn't great and I only did four, but it's a start. Then I overexerted something in my upper back while trying to open a new jar of sauerkraut for our salads, before resorting to one of my tricks (breaking the seal with the tip of a spoon), and again later when trying to pull the quilt up further when helping to make the bed. We athletes get injured sometimes.
 
My spine was still bothering me to the same degree when I woke up this morning. Getting up and around didn't help, so I climbed back into bed with a heating pad and watched two talks on BYU-TV (Sheri Dew and Susan Easton Black--two greats). It finally started settling down. After my shower (standing, no stool), I dried and curled my hair while standing up. No resting in between, and no sitting or leaning against the wall during. On this morning's walk, on the last 8th of a mile I decided to tuck my walking sticks horizontally under my arms and walk like I'm a strong person, not like a weakling. Felt good. Did four squats again, going a little deeper. I made my own salad, start to finish, without having to go flop on the couch for a 30-minute mid-salad rest. Admittedly, I was very happy to get back to the couch with my 10 lb. salad to recover while stuffing the many nutrients into my chew hole!
 
It seems my newly-built immune system is methodically exterminating the bad cells. If it weren't, my energy and aches would be continuing downhill, not improving, right? That's what I choose to believe.
 
Spending the remainder of my Saturday resting up for Sunday. Hoping church will go a little better than last week, and that I'll be able to stay for both hours.


This is what I eat every day: As much salad as I can, 3 bottles of juice (carrot, beet, celery, ginger + pea protein powder, super greens powder, amla and moringa powders), and the yellow stuff is the potent lemon-garlic elixir. 1/2 cup 3x daily. I probably ingest 30 cloves of garlic a day. That'll take the top of your head off--WOOO!
 

Comments

  1. You go girl! Go for 5 squats tomorrow and I'll see if I can keep up with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took your challenge and did them just now, and with pretty good form. Your turn!

      Delete

Post a Comment