A List of Positives


A couple of people have recently made comments that my posts can be hard to read--I totally understand. (I didn't take it as a complaint, just as a reality.) This has been a difficult road to walk, and difficult to watch, I'm sure. Yet here you are, you're still with me. So, here's a list of positives today, no need to brace, only rejoice.
 
Today is my third consecutive fantastic day, physically and emotionally. Yay!
• After our 3-day fast last week (it was our second one), my energy didn't plummet for the few days afterward like the first time. I assumed the plummet was from my immune system rebuilding itself. Perhaps it didn't need so much rebuilding this time.
• Church gets a little easier every time. A little more singing yesterday. A little more sitting upright, too.
• We loved having our Redd Sisters video chat yesterday. It's monthly and most husbands join in. There's a lot of laughing and loving.
• Been doing our walks without walking sticks the last couple of days. I had been using them to conserve energy, prevent fatigue in the ol' upper back, and give me stability (I'd been a little wobbly probably from muscle loss of all the lying around).
• Started doing squats at the turn-around point of our walks. Started with six a few days ago. It made my upper back tired. Today I did six on each of two walks. It hardly affected my back and my legs are feeling a little stronger. Yay.
• Sat at the kitchen table today with my laptop a little longer without having to do neck rolls.
• Back is bothering me less in general.
• Not feeling as desperate for a cure since starting the Fenbendazole since we have such high hopes for it. (FYI, I've also added dandelion root tea, wormwood, and Vitamin K2+D3, as part of Phase 2.)
• Can't wait for the day when I feel the lump getting smaller so I can tell you about it.
• Ordered and started taking the organic version of my hot flash pills, so that's more under control. Phrew.
• Sleeping pretty well.
• Energy level is usually good.
• I'm finally letting people help with prepping the veggies for juicing, so that's a nice load off. We can totally do it, but it's so nice to have someone else take care of it since this whole thing is kind of a full-time job!
• The cheerful willingness of people to do anything I need is wondrous and humbling.
 
I'm sure there's more but that's enough for now. I feel like things are looking up.
 
 
 
 
Photo courtesy of Vecteezy.com.

Comments

  1. Yes, some of your posts are emotionally wrenching, but I sure don't find them hard to read. I don't have a lot of time to read or respond, but I look forward to reading them whenever I can. While they are like personal, episodic journal entries, they have a compelling narrative flow, and I am caught up in your story. For example, my feelings respond with hope and happiness at the addition of the possibly miracle medication, Fenbendazole, but my appreciation of good writing can't help but be stimulated by the the way you frame your rendition of the story, the context, your feelings about it, other people's responses to it. Thank you for sharing your experience in a way that lets us all feel like we are part of your journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this honest, detailed, encouraging and complimentary comment, Carole.

      Delete
  2. PS: I'm glad you found dandelion root tea. Do you use dandelion greens for your salad too? What about Milk Thistle supplements? I take small amounts of a chemo drug for my Rheumatoid Arthritis that affects the liver, so I use all three of those. I've been taking the medication for decades, blood tests every three months, and never any liver activity. Don't know if it's the dandelion for sure, but it doesn't hurt. I find the bitter greens delicious, and I can just taste that sharp liver cleansing flavour as I chew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm taking so many things, I'd forgotten the dandelion tea is helpful to the liver. Since my liver had some bad cells, and is hopefully working overtime, I'll try to never miss taking it! Glad for the reminder. I will look to see if Nob Hill has dandelion greens. Can you get the greens at grocery stores? Our neighbor has SOOOoo many dandelions in front of their house! But with all the automobile traffic so close, I should probably not forage those!

      I keep hearing milk thistle being mentioned. I'll look into that. Wow, I didn't realize you've been taking small amounts of a chemo drug. It must be helping if you're still taking it! And that's fantastic there's no liver activity!

      So glad you're with me in this.

      Delete
  3. Yes, Nob Hill has organic dandelion greens most of the time, and most other grocery stores do too. They are strong, bitter tasting, but mixed with other veggies and a little dressing, they add a nice kick. If it's too strong, maybe just add them to your smoothies like other greens, a little at a time until you get used to them. You're right, probably want to avoid the local ones near the street, or at least soak and wash them really well. Milk Thistle is strong with the active ingredients in dandelions, they're all thistles. I know sometimes even veterinarians use it for pets, with amazing results. Hope you're getting some of this awesome sunshine beaming down on us this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, this is good info, thank you. Yes, going on a short walk soon!

      Delete

Post a Comment