I Forgot to be Grateful for the Path I'm On


I forgot to be grateful for the path I'm on. 
 
Self-treatment with nutrition, supplements, intermittent fasting, extended fasting, Fenbendazole, exercise, and prayers is COMFORTABLE, and DOABLE, and I feel GOOD, and I can function pretty well! I spend most of my time at home, where I want to be. This path may cure me, or it may not.
 
The other path, chemo, would be very UNCOMFORTABLE, with horrible SIDE EFFECTS now, and possible worse side effects down the road, I might not be able to function well, I would be spending a lot of time at the hospital, and it will only buy me a few more months, (and those aren't the kind of months I want). It is a KNOWN that this path WON'T CURE ME.
 
Would I combine the paths? No. No chemo for me.
 
So, at least there's hope on the easier path which makes me VERY GRATEFUL. When is the easier path in life ever the better one? Well, this time it is.

 

Comments

  1. If the chemo path only gives you a little more time, and lower quality-of-life-time at that, then your chosen path blows it out of the water! You're out there every day, connecting with your environment, your nutrients, your faith, and your friends and family, with your body and brain unclouded by the side effects you'd be weighed down by with the chemo.

    You are working to ensure your future, but staying immersed in your present with mindfulness and gratitude. You are a shining example for us. We all should live our days like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the doctor gave me 6-9 months for no treatment, 16-20 months with chemo. We'll see what a third choice, a healthier, self-treatment, brings. If both choices (mine and chemo) eventually lead to the same end, then I'd rather choose the one that keeps me feeling better before the end.

      And thank you!

      Delete
    2. I concur with your better, easier and healthier choice. It also takes immense strength to tell conventional medicine "no thanks", but your days are so much more enjoyable this way. This is Janet. Can't seem to change the anonymous option on my phone.

      Delete

Post a Comment