My Easter Video Message (recorded 3/17/24)

For Easter this year the Menlo Park, CA Stake of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints invited the bishop and Relief Society president in each ward (congregation) to make a short video with some sort of message about Easter, the Savior, the Atonement, or something along those lines. They would be released in the stake's social media channels during the week before Easter.

My first reaction to any speaking assignment is panic and I want to get out of it somehow. Wait, how can I get out of this? Surely my condition is a free pass to saying "no" on this one. I'm trying to lower my stress, right? Heh. Then I remembered my post about the Deep Dark Pit of Fear. It seemed perfect. I decided to base my video message on that post, so this will be familiar to you. As always, the feeling of wanting to get out of a speaking assignment disappeared once I thought of something to say. I don't mind public speaking, I just don't like the preparing.
 
I feel such gratitude for the peace the gospel of Jesus Christ brings to me and my family.
 
This is a behind-the-scenes version of the video. Hubby took a video of the young man recording me. 

Note: If you want the option to view it full screen, click "YouTube" at the bottom of the video, then you'll have the option.

Comments

  1. You have a bright presence on screen, and your uplifting words resonate with courage, strength, and faith. I liked watching you become more confident and radiant as you spoke. Beautiful clip, especially nice to glimpse "behind the scenes."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment