To the Temple with My Daughter (Can I do it?)

Last weekend my daughter asked if I wanted to go to the temple with her this week. It sounded scary to me in my current state. Can I be comfortable going that far in a car (40 minutes to Oakland)? Can I do that much walking going across the parking lot and in the temple? What about sitting in a chair, where will I rest my head? We decided to do temple work that only takes 30 minutes. She told me I could back our of the excursion any time right up to the last minute or even on the way there, and that if I couldn't finish my part in the temple, she would gladly finish for me, and there was a comfy "celestial bench," she called it, close by I could lie on while waiting if needed. 
 
I brought one of my pickle pillows wrapped in white which blends in with most things in the temple where we wear all white. I call it temple camo. With that and my cane-chair and Breanne at my side I was all set. She was so at the table and was looking out for me every moment.
 
As we walked to the entrance while holding on to my daughter's arm I wanted to say, but emotions were near the surface so I didn't, "It's strange to have always been the one helping, and now I'm the one needing." Seasons change, and this is my season of needing. I'm cool with that.
 
When we first started, the woman helping me noticed my last name. It turns out she was raised in San Carlos where we live (and where hubby grew up), and I learned that the Feddock family was important to her. That was special! I hope Marilyn Shields Haupt accepts my facebook friend request. I knew her mother Alice Shields in San Carlos after Marilyn had already moved away. We also saw ward member Cris Lunny a couple of times which was nice. Donna Adams, we saw your car in the lot. 
 
To members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the temples are the holiest places on the earth, and they are literally the house of the Lord. After we did work for those who have gone before, we went to the celestial room for several minutes. We were the only ones there. We whisper-chatted, meditated, and prayed silently for our own desires. 
 
I know many of you have been putting my name on the temple prayer rolls of late which means so much. Today I put some of your names on the rolls. I know I'm not the only one going through something, or needing extra blessings, or comfort, or an added measure of the Spirit.
 
I'm grateful I had a really good day yesterday which gave me the confidence that I could do this today. So happy we went. Thank you, Breanne Feddock Christensen.
 


 

 

Comments

  1. May God reveal Himself to you more and more, and bless your efforts as He assures you He's already done everything in and through Jesus Himself. <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment